I recently asked our Children’s Music Network members about what were some of their favorite jazz standards which were also great for kids. To see part one of the list, click here! Let’s take a listen to part two of some of CMN’s jazzy favorites to perform! Enjoy!
CMN’s Favorite Standard Jazz Songs For Kids Part 2:
- ‘It Don’t Mean a Thing (If it Ain’t Got That That Swing)'” by Duke Ellington
2) “A Tisket-a-Tasket” by Ella Fitzgerald
3)”Old MacDonald” by Ella Fitzgerald
4)“Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Dave Brubeck
5) “Blue Skies” by Irving Berlin| Performed by Josephine Baker
6)“Feeling Good” by Nina Simone
7) “Pink Elephants on Parade” by Sun Ra
8) “Banana Split for My Baby” by Louis Prima
9)”Mumbles” by Oscar Peterson w. Clark Terry
10) “Linus and Lucy” by Vince Guaraldi
Special thanks to all of the members who contributed! Let’s keep the conversation going! What’s your favorite original jazz song from a CMN artist? We’ve already received some great suggestions from our members. We’d love to hear your all time favorites! Type it in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “CMN Jazz Song”! Please also send a link to the song and a headshot or picture of yourself in action! Thanks!