Happy Throwback Thursday and Jazz Appreciation Month! I recently asked our Children’s Music Network members what were some of their favorite jazz standards which were also great to perform for kids. Check it out; and stay tuned for Part 2 of the list which will be posted on the next edition of Throwback Thursday!
CMN’s Favorite Jazz Standards Part 1
- “It Don’t Mean a Thing (If it Ain’t Got That That Swing)” by Duke Ellington
2.“The Muffin Man” by Ella Fitzgerald
3.“Everybody Eats When They Come To My House” by Cab Calloway
4.“What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
5. “Singin’ In The Rain” by Gene Kelly
6. “When The Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin’ Along” by Carmen Mcrae
7. “Blue Skies” by Bing Crosby
8. “Salt Peanuts” by Dizzy Gillespie
9. “Someday My Prince Will Come” by Miles Davis
10. “My Favorite Things” by John Coltrane
Special thanks to all of the members who contributed! Let’s keep the conversation going! What is your favorite jazz standard to perform for kids? Also, what’s your favorite original jazz song from a CMN artist? We’ve already received some great suggestions from our members. We’d love to hear your all time favorites! Type it in the comments below or email me at email@example.com with the subject: “CMN Jazz Song”! Please also send a link to the song and a headshot of yourself. Thanks!