The Children’s Music Network is honored and grateful for the support of our wonderful Business Sponsors and Non-Profit Partners. This series is meant to shed a little more light on what they do. Today’s focus is on Music Together.
1. What is your mission?
Music Together’s mission is:
- To bring the highest-quality, research-based, developmentally appropriate and engaging music and movement experiences to young children all over the world
- Help parents, caregivers and classroom teachers to be confident musical models and inspire them—regardless of their ability—to sing, dance and play musically with their children on a regular basis
- Nurture our teachers’ development with unique, research-based training and support resources, facilitate rich relationships among Music Together colleagues and support our licensees and teachers so they can make a living doing work they love!
- How do you apply it practically?
We stay on the cutting edge of research in the field and continuously evolve our program, trainings, and materials. We like to train our teachers at live events so that we can see them teach and provide personal feedback, and then there are many resources to support their ongoing professional development. This is how we ensure our program remains top-notch.
Our approach in-class is inclusive and developmentally appropriate for everyone present, including the adults, so that music-making is accessible and comfortable for all. We then provide engaging music and educational resources (recordings, books, DVDs, and online experiences) for children, parents, and classroom teachers to use outside of Music Together class, so they are inspired to make music throughout the day.
Our teacher training system and business model allows individuals or organizations to use our program and curriculum in parent-child, school, or therapeutic settings, and this is how we reach so many families all over the world. The licensing relationship we have with providers helps us to maintain the integrity of the Music Together program. We provide many professional development opportunities to Music Together teachers, including songs and skills workshop events, online videos and learning modules, and certification trainings. We support our licensees with comprehensive business resources and professional mentoring. We also provide our teachers and licensees with peer networking opportunities.
- Why did you choose to partner with CMN?
We find that the CMN members not only love music and children, they are also an exceptional group of people with big hearts and a strong conviction to share their passion! We can offer them an opportunity to develop a stable and thriving business by becoming Music Together teachers and licensees.
- What song from your own childhood do you still sing regularly?
“Home on the Range.”
- What is your official dance move?
Everybody knows me for tapping the beat with my finger on the tip of my nose!